Signed in 2016 to the MKIT RAIN RECORDS and Label-mates with Show Me The Money 777 Winner, Nafla and it’s hottest Participants, Loopy and Owen Ovadoz , BLOO (블루) is a South Korean Rapper who is also renowned for being a member of the American-Korean hip hop crew “42”!
BLOO (Kim Hyun Woong)
Birth Date: October 12, 1994
Debut Date: July 1st, 2015
Debut Project: ‘FRESH AS F’
TMI: Nicknamed as ‘Badboyloo’ and loved for his ‘YOP’ xD
Has a cute birthmark on his cheek 🙂
One of the first members of MKIT RAIN alongside Nafla and Loopy
An absolute fan of alcohol, especially Hennessy which was the title of one of his tracks as well 😉
His mother is from Japan and his father hails from the Philippines!
Has several tattoos, the most popular being the crescent moon with STORM and ‘Child of the Moon’ written around it.
Loves to go shopping and eat spicy food 🙂
Has a sister who he adores a lot!
Has the cutest smile and baby energy in MKIT RAIN xD
Was member of a famous neighbourhood rap crew, ‘Young Creation’ and went by the stage name, Daniel Prynne
Formed a duo with Niahn called as “Neonblue”
Draws inspiration from artists, Kanye West and A$AP ROCKY among various others whose tracks he listened to while in his hometown, Los Angeles.
- As a crew member of ‘Young Creation’, BLOO features on two of the crew’s mixtapes: ‘Made in Cali’ (released May, 2013) and ‘Munchies’ (released November, 2013)
- As member of the ’42 Crew’, BLOO was part of the crew’s mixtape ‘Life is 42′ released in 2014.
- On July 1st, 2015, he released his first MV and project, ‘FRESH AS F’ followed by followed the MV, ‘7 Gold Chains’ on November 15th, 2015.
- Launched first MKIT RAIN track on January 22nd, 2016 titled ‘Come Thru’ with Loopy and Nafla and returned to South Korea.
- Got good feedback from the Korean audience for his first Korean mixtape, ‘TONY’ on June 18th, 2016.
- Was part of the most popular of MKIT RAIN tracks, ‘Weatherman’ released on August 12th, 2016.
- Went on tour with the label mates on October 30th, 2016 for the ‘BAD BAD GOOD GOOD’ tour starting in Daegu.
- Released a dope MV for ‘Hennessy’ in June, 2017 and also featured on other tracks of artists like Sleepy, Rico and Nafla throughout 2017.
- As part of “neon blue” he released an EP ‘Henny & Jamie’ with the MV ‘You and I’ with Niahn in August 2017.
- On December 7th, 2017, BLOO released ‘Downtown Baby’ track that has gone viral in 2020 and has hopped back on the charts and even topped at the first position for few weeks!
- On April 30th, 2018 he released single, ‘Drink Slow Henny’ followed by a seductive and dope MV, ‘So Rude’ on June 18th, 2018.
- With a strong Cloud Rap influence on July 18th, 2018 duo ‘neonblue’ made a comeback with the MV, ‘BJ’ and BLOO made appearances on MKIT RAIN’s popular album ‘Public Enemy’ released on May 31st, 2018.
- Released mini-album, ‘BLOO IN WONDERLAND’ on November 19th, 2018 and a beautiful MV for single, ‘I’m The One’!
- Worked with niahn on ‘Extape’ for the track ‘Runaway’ released in February, 2019 followed by the track ‘Forgot U’ with ASH ISLAND for his first album ‘ASH’ in March.
- Was part of the OST, ‘Close Your Eyes’ for the K-Drama, ‘Voice 3’ released in May, 2019.
- Pre-released a track from his album, ‘It’s not Love I’m just Drunk’ officially released on September 25th, 2019, titled ‘boyfromthemoon’!
- Released single with rapper, Xbf called ‘Candle’ in November, 2019.
- Starred alongside label members, Nafla, Loopy and Owen Ovadoz in the label’s first real business variety show of MKIT RAIN called ‘MKIT WON’ in 2020.
- Collaborated with various artists starting 2020 like with Han Yo Han for the track ‘A Croner Seat’ in March, with VIINI for the track, ‘Love the Moon’ and with Loopy on his album, ‘No Fear’ for the track, ‘Money Taste’ in April, 2020.
- Released album, ‘Hey, Go smile’ with MV for the title track, ‘When I Smoke’ on 23rd July, 2020.
The most viral song that climbed the charts back again in 2020 after it’s release in 2017, ‘Downtown Baby’ is surely the most popular track by BLOO till now!
Featuring a light autotune effect, BLOO’s pre-released track, ‘boyfromthemoon’ is another late-night vibing track for your lonely, sleepless nights 🙂
Also, check out and stream his newly released comeback track, ‘When I Smoke’ which resonates perfectly with all the other masterpieces this strong-looking but extremely-cute-when-smiling rapper has released so far 😉
For more stronger sonorities and the dope flexing that MKIT RAIN is known for, check out his single, ‘So Rude’ which brings forth a completely different side of BLOO’s musicality!
Did this manage to get your attention fixated on badboyloo 😉 ?
Eager to check out more tracks by him and gush over his innate off-stage cuteness?
Spill your thoughts in the comments.