Gaho (가호) is a solo artist from South Korea. He debuted under the label Planetarium Records in 2018.
Debut Date: May 5th, 2018
Debut Single: Stay here
Debut EP: Preparation for a Journey
Indian Fan Account/s: @gaho_planetarium_records
(please note these are the ones we’re aware of, contact them to be part of groups and chats)
GAHO (KANG DAE-HO)
Birthday: September 14, 1997
Position: Vocal, Songwriter, Producer
Nickname: Vocal King
TMI: He released the OST “Time” for the K-drama, The Time before debuting, on August 2nd, 2018.
The first released song that Gaho ever wrote was “Shine On You.”
Gaho’s most favorite track that he has written up to date is “Hocus Pocus.”
His favorite dishes are ramen and pepperoni pizza.
He is part of a project group called PLT for the soloists under Planetarium Records.
At Gaho’s request, Ahn Bohyun (who plays Jang Geun-won, one of the antagonists in Itaewon Class) made a surprise appearance in Gaho’s variety show, Dingo Music’s The Songwriters.
Gaho is also part of a 5 member rock band called Kave that’s known for their rock covers of K-Pop songs.
He released his first single album, A Song for You 2 years after his debut in 2020.
His favorite anime is Pokemon and his favorite Pokemon is Pikachu.
According to Gaho’s labelmates, he’s the most likely to get lost while travelling in USA.
- His first successful world tour was with PLT which started in February 2019.
- Itaewon Class’ OST “Start Over” is Gaho’s very first track that reached #1 on Gaon Digital Chart.
- He charted for the first time on Billboard with “Start Over” at #1 on the K-pop Hot 100 chart.
- He won his first award at the 4th Soribada Best K-Music Awards for “Start Over.”
- He received YouTube’s Silver Button for reaching 100,000 subscribers in July 2020.
- Gaho’s cover of BLACKPINK’s “How You Like That” is his most viewed cover with 3.5 million views as of 2020.
- The OST, “Start Over’s” music video is Gaho’s most-watched music video as of January 2021.
- Gaho’s very first solo music show appearance was for Show Champion in September 2020.
- He was nominated for the first time and won as well for Best OST for “Start Over” at the 22nd MAMA.
- Gaho had 5.1 million listeners on Spotify in 2020.
Check out Gaho’s 2021’s first comeback, “Home.” This unsaturated music video and the sunlit background compliments the emotional song well.
We, of course, cannot forget the song that brought Gaho to the level he is at this point. The theme song of Itaewon Class, “Start Over“ is unlike other romantic OSTs as it talks about past mistakes and moving on.
We see a more sophisticated side to Gaho with this fun but elegant R&B single. Bop your head to “Pink Walk“ as he moonwalks through the music video instead of his usual angsty acting as seen in his other music videos.
As the king of covers, do check out his latest cover of BTS’ “Life Goes On.” His soft yet intense voice goes well with this calm and melodic song.
Also, check out his most recent single, “Rush Hour” for which he even released a specially arranged band version.
Gaho is slowly and steadily rising in the K-Pop scene as people are finally recognizing him for his talent. Which song should he cover next? Have you heard his latest OST Running for Start-Up?