Another Korean recipe that you can easily workout yourself at home is here! Today you’re going to see how to make a Korean street food staple,
떡볶이 (tteokbokki) or hot and spicy rice cakes!
Traditionally the Korean tteokbokki is made with gochujang and Korean fish cakes, but today we’re going to show you our Desi twist to this lovely dish, in the very Indian way of street food.
Disclaimer: Please take in according to your preferred servings (As our moms would say, beta andaze se dal do)
How to prepare Desi Tteokbokki:
- Rice flour
- Red chilli flakes
- Soy sauce
- Tomato sauce
- Red chilli powder (sifted)
- Cooking oil
- Sesame seed
- Ginger-garlic paste
- Knead your rice flour into a dough.
- Roll and cut the dough into cylinders of the desired size.
- Put them in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. (you’ll know if the cakes are cooked when they float to the top of the pot.
- Take them out and place them in cold water so they don’t overcook and put them away for the moment.
- Thinly Chop the onion, capsicum and carrots
- Prepare sauce: Add ghee , tomato sauce, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, red chilli powder (in no particular order), flake, ginger garlic paste along with water and mix well.
- Heat some oil in a wok and stirfry the veggies till they get transparent, add the tteok (rice cake) and mix in the sauce
- Add some cornflour for a thicker consistency and cook till all the
- Sprinkle sesame seeds to garnish
- Serve hot!
Your Desi tteokbokki is ready to devour!